DIY is a matter of trying a lot

Hi,

it is very hot in Belgium and our garden is an explosion of vegetables. Very healthy food! Yesterday we ate a salad but today I planned to make tortillas with chicken and a lot of vegetables. I have a board on Pinterest with Food and some pins with baking tortillas. It looks so easy and delicious… 

Right, I put the ingredients (flour, oil, water) together in the right quantities. Let it rest for half an hour. Meanwhile I sliced the chicken, put it in a bowl adding oil and herbes. Washed and prepared the vegetables (a bit more work than buying already prepared vegetables in the shop, o well) 
Took a pan for baking the chicken and one for the tortillas. I added oil in the last one, but after a couple failures (it was disgusting) I realised the pan had to be dry and very hot. (NOT mentionned on the pins…) 

The dough was very very sticky… So when you have two little children playing around, like I do, make sure you have one hand clean to help them out (and they need your help once you are busy with something,... you know what I mean!) 
Honestly… only the last two were eatable. O well, that is the thing with DIY. You have to try it again, and again, and again,....

And O, I totally forgot to take pictures of the result. Cause, husband and kids were very very hungry and I was already late with everything….
Maybe next time. 

Advice? Always welcome!

Greetings! Sofie

Reacties

Populaire posts