Starting a new gardening season

Did I mention that we have a greenhouse in our garden? I love to grow my own vegetables (sometimes with success and sometimes… o well… there grows nothing… or my little plants are eaten by birds, rabbits, snail,….) and with a greenhouse I can start a couple of weeks earlier than outside.

My son and I went to the garden center in our village to buy lettuce, red cabbage, cauliflower, onion and seeds of radish. 
We sow a little row of radish… and then we wait… (I found that the hardest part…) Now the weather wasn’t fine here in Belgium. It was never so cold in March, with snow and freezing temperatures. But our plants survived! Thanks to little candles (it was beautiful to see) and baskets with water! Truly! An advice of old farmers…

And today… o yes… there were little plants… our radishes are growing. Little things that makes me very happy. Our son was so proud! Now it is waiting of course and taking care of them.

Have a lovely week!

Reacties

Populaire posts