Make your own laundry soap

Hi,

no it is not my favourite thing to do... the laundry. To me, it is like the never ending story, especially when having two kids, being... o well... you know, just kids. 
You know, I like to make things of my own. My grandmother used to make her own laundry soap, so I was thinking... let's do that too! And I must say, it is pretty easy to do. Below you can find my instructions. You can try it, but it is on your own risk.

Instructions for 2,5 liters white wash and 2,5 liter regular wash

Materials


  • 80 gram grated soap (I use Marseille soap) or soap flakes
  • 40 gram soda (white wash)
  • 5 liter boiled water
  • 60 drops ethereal oil (option, but I do like Lavender, tea tree or lemon for the smell)


How to make it


  • boil 1 liter water
  • add the soap flakes
  • stir well until all soap has melted
  • add the other 4 liter water
  • put 2,5 liter of this mixture in another bowl and add the soda to this one 
  • let it cool down for 1 night
  • add 30 drops ethereal oil to each bowl if you want to

During the night it has become a very thick, sticky mixture.
No worries, stir well (or if you don't have enough patient like me, use a mixer. It goes extremely well!)until it becomes fluid again.

Fill good cleaned bottles with it. (I use bottles of glass to refill. You can find them at Ikea)






Before you use it, give it a good shake!
O yes, and stick a beautiful label on it (I like to use the labels of Daphne's Diary, a beautiful magazine)

Love!!! Sofie

Reacties

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts